PlantFiles: Eggplant
Solanum melongena var. esculentum 'Hari'

Genus: Solanum (so-LAN-num) (Info)
Species: melongena var. esculentum
Cultivar: Hari

Vegetables

Not Applicable

Magenta (Pink-Purple)

Positive pepperhead212 On Oct 3, 2013, pepperhead212 from Woodbury, NJ wrote:

Great eggplant - became my favorite in just two seasons! Very early - about 55 days, unlike several other long green oriental varieties I've tried, and the most productive, as well. Mild flavor, though not flavorless, like whites, and still no bitterness when large and seedy. Largest I got was 15"x1 1/2", though I usually pick at 8-10" x 1 1/4". Tallest plants of all eggplants I have grown - over 5 feet! This is one reason they are so productive. They seemed more heat resistant than other varieties, though only one of the two seasons was very hot. Seeds were from seedsofindia.com

Neutral Farmerdill On Dec 26, 2006, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

An F1 Hybrid that is long, waxy and green. Matures in 50 days.

Woodbury, New Jersey