Euphorbia, Spurge
Euphorbia x martinii 'Helena's Blush'

Family: Euphorbiaceae (yoo-for-bee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Euphorbia (yoo-FOR-bee-uh) (Info)
Species: x martinii (mar-TIN-ee-eye) (Info)
Cultivar: Helena's Blush
Additional cultivar information:(PP17555; aka Inneuphhel)
Hybridized by Grueber

Lexington, Virginia

Vancouver, Washington

negative

On Jul 8, 2013, maplemaniac from Sturgeon Bay, WI wrote:

I must say neutral and maybe closer to negative because I planted 3 of these last year and only one came back in the same garden. This is a gorgeous plant and am going to try again, but perhaps provide some winter protection. I am in zone 5 zip 54235

On Aug 10, 2009, esteve59 from Annapolis, MD wrote:

I give up.....I have planted about 6 of these a different times...I had two that did well for the past year and both just started wilting away.....
Time to move on to something else....

On Jun 10, 2008, dboisineau from Cliffside Park, NJ (Zone 6a) wrote:

I live in NYC area (zone 6). Not only is this plant evergreen, it grows like crazy. The one planted in my rock garden has been blooming since April - its now June and there is a new flush of flowers. The ones in another area of my garden are not as large, but still doing very well. I think the euphorbias like poor/ sandy soil. My one year old plant is already 24" wide and a little less tall. It was great in my winter garden. I am really enjoying the variated and changing foliage all year long. Its a great choice for this area.

On Nov 15, 2007, rcn48 from Lexington, VA (Zone 6a) wrote:

My new passion : Euphorbias!! We've planted a number of different cultivars in the gardens this year and 'Helena's Blush' has been outstanding! Not only does she have fantastic variegated foliage, the "flowers" (bracts) are variegated as well. The fall color is gorgeous, just keeps getting better every day with the cooler temperatures. Although these Euphorbias are evergreen, they tend to get a little shabby by May with "naked legs". As soon as they've flowered, just prune them back to the crown and the new shoots at the base will quickly develop their bushy habit. Caution: as with all Euphorbias, avoid getting the milky sap on your hands, or worse spreading it anywhere near your eyes - nasty stuff!

On Dec 29, 2006, nifty413 from Garland, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

Introduced by InnovaPlant in Germany with the cultivar name 'Inneuphhel'. Marketed name of 'Helena' was subsequently changed to 'Helena's Blush' to avoid confusion between this plant and (most likely) E. milii 'Helena'. Plant Patent Applied For.