Tomato 'Large Red Cherry'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Large Red Cherry

Sand Springs, Oklahoma

Liberty Hill, Texas

Wills Point, Texas

On Feb 19, 2010, dlbailey from Central Valley, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Classic cherry tomato that still has the best flavor. No other cherry tomato has even come close to production and taste. Always does well in my garden. Must have for every year.

On Apr 15, 2009, Wulfsden from Riverdale, NJ (Zone 6a) wrote:

I grew this from American Seed Co, Large Red Cherry seed which I picked up for 10 cents a pack after season. The plant grows well in a 12" pot, and throws off tons and tons of fruit. At the height of the season it produces 5-10 ripe fruit a day per pot. The fruit has a pretty standard red tomato taste (think Rutgers or Early Girl), and is a fair bit larger than most of the cherries I grow -- lets say about 1-1/4 compared to 1" for Supersweet 100. With its taste, size and productivity, it has almost replaced medium-sized standard reds in my arsenal. I plant 2-3 of these most years (although this year I am trying an alternative). It grows well from both the ridiculously cheap bought seed and from saved seed. Highly recommended for pot growing.

On Aug 16, 2008, linux_guile from Pueblo, CO wrote:

Very prolific producer of very sweet light pink to red cherry tomatoes. if this plant is left to sprawl the fruits are slow to ripen. im picking about 10 fruits a week now. good mid season.

On Mar 3, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Originally from the Ben Quisenberry collection. Large 1 1/2 - 2" cherry tomato. Extremely productive plants. Great full flavor. 75-80 days."