Dwarf Gladiola 'Thomas'

Family: Iridaceae (eye-rid-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Gladiolus (GLAD-ee-oh-lus) (Info)
Cultivar: Thomas
Additional cultivar information:(Glamini Series; aka Tom)
» View all varieties of Gladiolus

Flowers are good for cutting

Pale Pink

Dark Purple/Black

Maroon (Purple-Brown)

Alvin, Texas

On Jun 10, 2009, Gardenlady409 from Alvin, TX wrote:

I had looked for these many years and found them online last year. I ordered 20 bulbs and planted them both in full sun and in partial shade. Even under pine trees. They do wonderful. They come in many colors. They do die back during the winter but come right back in the spring and start blooming in May and some of mine are still blooming. They also make great cut flowers. Last fall I had only 2 bloom. I don't know why but they did. For the most part they do not need to be steaked. They stay up by themselves. The first bloom will open at the lower end of the stalk. each day after that another bloom will open. I live in the northwest end of Galveston County and they did great during hurricane Ike. They only need a little water to live and so far no problems with pest or disease.

On Jul 18, 2007, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Purchased from Brecks, planted in my garden Spring 2007. Very intense red. While the Glamini glads aren't supposed to flop over, mine have; however, it may be due to the above average rainfall we've experienced in the area this year.

JUNE 2013: Can't believe six years have gone by since I initially planted. I've lost some to overwatering so keep that in mind when planting. They're slow multipliers so best to buy several bulbs at once--good summer sales available ea yr. Mine continue to flop over but I don't care as I use my glads for indoor arrangements. Flopping may be due to not planting deep enough-should be 6" deep. Continue to love this glad and have planted many others in the Glamini series.