PlantFiles: Azalea, Native Azalea Hybrid
Rhododendron 'Lisa's Gold'

Family: Ericaceae (er-ek-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rhododendron (roh-do-DEN-dron) (Info)
Cultivar: Lisa's Gold
Additional cultivar information: ( 'Maid in the Shade' series)
Hybridized by Beasley (Transplant Nursery); Year of Registration or Introduction: 1999

» View all varieties of Azaleas and Rhododendrons

Gold (Yellow-Orange)

No positives

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 25, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

(NOTE: I am tickled pink to discover these azaleas. They were bred about 1 hour north of me in Lavonia Georgia! I have not grown these yet but am so excited to present the info here. I read that these can be found locally in the big box stores. I will def. be looking for them. I went to the nursery website but couldn't get any info on the azaleas).
**********************************************************************

Maid in the Shade azaleas. Most deciduous azaleas do well in full sun and frequently are poor bloomers in the shade. "Maid in the Shade" deciduous azaleas is a collection of deciduous azaleas compiled by Transplant Nursery (Lavonia, Ga) selected to do well in shadier locations. They include:

'Summer Lyric' - Flowers are a mix of pink with yellow throats.
'Lisa's Gold' - Golden-yellow flowers.
'Camilla's Blush' - Blushing pink blooms that hummingbirds find irresistible.
'Kelsey's Flame' - Bright yellow and orange flowers.
'Lavender Girl' - Pale lavender flowers
'My Mary' - Pale yellow flowers, named as a tribute from George Beasley to his wife Mary.
'Rosy Cheeks' - Dark rose flowers with golden throats. Its fragrance can rival that of a rose.
'Nacoochee Princess' - Regal white flowers that are tinged with pink.

Marietta, Georgia