PlantFiles: Angel Trumpet, Angel's Trumpet
Brugmansia 'Lady Liberty'

Genus: Brugmansia (broog-MAN-zee-ah) (Info)
Cultivar: Lady Liberty
Hybridized by Brenda Delph; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2007

» View all varieties of Brugmansias

Seed is poisonous if ingested

Velvet/Fuzzy-Textured

Thumbnail #1 of Brugmansia  by Seed_Sprout

Thumbnail #2 of Brugmansia  by Seed_Sprout

Thumbnail #3 of Brugmansia  by Seed_Sprout

Positive NCMstGardener On Dec 3, 2013, NCMstGardener from Columbus, NC wrote:

We grow this fun plant in Zone 7B and cut it to the ground each fall just before the first frost. We save the cuttings until Spring and then root for more plants to grow and share. I have seen Angel Trumpets growing in the NC mountains (Zone 7A) where they also cut them back and mulch heavily.

Neutral sisterandrea On Oct 28, 2013, sisterandrea from Fort Lauderdale, FL wrote:

My Angels were first attacked by snails. I solved that problem with eggshells.
I live in Fort Lauderdale, so the plants grow very fast. The the horned tomato worms really love the angels and are making me crazy!
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get rid of them? I have tried several sprays and even put some moth balls around the plants. Please help!

Neutral fisherwink On Oct 28, 2013, fisherwink from Sarasota, FL wrote:

I live in Sarasota. Be careful with pets when these are blooming, especially if they are at eye/nose level. My neighbor had them growing along the fence line. Our dogs are friendly with each other. This past summer we both concluded that our dogs were taking lasting, strange behavior little trips(and never leaving the farm). It happened several times before we figured out what was happening. I remember the media making this plant popular a number of years ago. Kids were overdosing on the tea after the word got out. Beautiful though...

Positive cargarden On Oct 28, 2013, cargarden from Goodview, MN wrote:

I live in Winona, Mn zone 4-5 and have a Yellow Angel Trumphet and Devils Trumphet for 8 yrs. Because of winter need to plant in a large 20 gal container it is about 10 ft high, the Devil is only 3-4ft high it doesn't seem to get as tall. Of course have to bring it in either heated garage, basement or if you have room other main rooms. Have had many off shoots of the Yellow Angel and given away. The Devil is easier to get seeds from after the flower drops, a round globe like, is full of seeds and are very easy to grow so plenty to give away. Awesome soft fraqrance
one I wish they would bottle for perfume or cologne similiar to a moon flower. It is one of my favorite plants. So easy to grow just water which they just soak up and fertilize about once a mth. Is there anyone else out there that also trys to push their zone?

Positive julib On Oct 28, 2013, julib from Jacksonville, FL wrote:

I live in Jacksonville Fl. and have had this plant for many years. Mine grow in full shade to full sun. No seed pods but I just break off a branch, stick it in the ground and I have a new plant! It dies back in the winter and I just cut it back to the ground a little fertilizer[any type] and enjoy for another year! very easy for beginning gardeners! Wonderful night fragarance!!!

Berkeley, California