PlantFiles: Maidenhair Tree
Ginkgo biloba 'Bullwinkle'

Family: Ginkgoaceae
Genus: Ginkgo (GING-ko) (Info)
Species: biloba (bi-LOW-buh) (Info)
Cultivar: Bullwinkle

Thumbnail #3 of Ginkgo biloba by dybbuk

Thumbnail #4 of Ginkgo biloba by dybbuk

Thumbnail #5 of Ginkgo biloba by dybbuk

Thumbnail #6 of Ginkgo biloba by dybbuk

Positive rosewood513 On Nov 2, 2009, rosewood513 from Lanoka Harbor, NJ (Zone 7a) wrote:

I have two trees but I do not know how to tell if they are male or female. Someone made reference to The Ghost and
Mrs. Muir and the Ginkgo, I believe it was a Monkey Puzzle tree they talked about. I saw the movie many many times and I do not recall the Ginkgo.
I am looking forward to watch this beauty grow.

Positive Opoetree On Jun 9, 2007, Opoetree from Oak View, CA wrote:

We have had a ginkgo for a number of years now. It has been slow-growing...but steady. The leaves are a conversation piece unto themselves. Our trees' leaves turn yellow around November and December...they turn a lovely mellow yellow. We like them not only for their unique characteristics, but because their leaves have been used in Craftsman furniture decorations. We noticed these trees in Strasbourg in France when we were visiting to see the opening of the 2006 Tour de France. Seems like I also remember this tree being a 'character' of sorts in the 'Ghost and Mrs. Muir' movie or TV show...but I can't find a reference to that. Anyone?
This tree is amazing!