Tropical Hibiscus, Cajun Hibiscus 'Stolen Kiss'

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

Family: Malvaceae (mal-VAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hibiscus (hi-BIS-kus) (Info)
Species: rosa-sinensis (RO-sa-sy-NEN-sis) (Info)
Cultivar: Stolen Kiss
Additional cultivar information:(Cajun Series, aka Miss Iberville)
Hybridized by Dupont

Shepherdsville, Kentucky

St John, Mississippi

Nederland, Texas

On Feb 28, 2013, nathanieledison from Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

We keep our Hibiscus as an indoor potted plant in the bathroom where it gets bright light, a ton of humidity and many comments from guests. It's never had a single problem and it blooms all year long, with a record of nine blooms at once on it. As a houseplant it's easy care, just beware when you move it from one location to another!

On Jun 15, 2012, floreseta from Port Charlotte, FL wrote:

It was the first time I'd bought Hibiscus on line, I bought a few different kinds including 'Stolen Kiss'. They were all healthy and in pots in the lanai. I'd had them a few weeks, and gave them granulated fertilizer, all but one died, my beautiful Stolen Kiss was one of the casualties I was mortified. A few months later (July 2011) I bought four more assorted hibiscus, I put them all in the lanai. The next morning my new 'Stolen Kiss looked completely dead. I think it got too much sun. It came back to life very,very slowly, doing especially well almost a year later, but it only had one branch. After I trimmed it in the spring, it began sprouting more branches and lovely healthy shiny leaves. It's mid June 2012 now, I planted my Stolen Kiss outside a week ago, but the sun was badly burning... read more

On Jul 4, 2007, Kell from Northern California, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Part of the Cajun Series from Dupont Nursery, an exotic hibiscus hybridizer in South Louisiana.

A compact plant with 8 to 9 inch blooms which start out pink but then fades to a white color with a colored rim the second day. Formerly known as "Miss Iberville."