PlantFiles: Tropical Hibiscus, Cajun Hibiscus
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Stolen Kiss'

Family: Malvaceae (mal-VAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hibiscus (hi-BIS-kus) (Info)
Species: rosa-sinensis (RO-sa-sy-NEN-sis) (Info)
Cultivar: Stolen Kiss
Additional cultivar information: (Cajun Series, aka Miss Iberville)
Hybridized by Dupont

Thumbnail #4 of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by floreseta

Thumbnail #5 of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by xxjohnxx

Thumbnail #6 of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by xxjohnxx

Thumbnail #7 of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis by xxjohnxx

Positive nathanieledison On Feb 28, 2013, nathanieledison from Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

We keep our Hibiscus as an indoor potted plant in the bathroom where it gets bright light, a ton of humidity and many comments from guests. It's never had a single problem and it blooms all year long, with a record of nine blooms at once on it. As a houseplant it's easy care, just beware when you move it from one location to another!

Positive floreseta On Jun 15, 2012, floreseta from Port Charlotte, FL wrote:

It was the first time I'd bought Hibiscus on line, I bought a few different kinds including 'Stolen Kiss'. They were all healthy and in pots in the lanai. I'd had them a few weeks, and gave them granulated fertilizer, all but one died, my beautiful Stolen Kiss was one of the casualties I was mortified. A few months later (July 2011) I bought four more assorted hibiscus, I put them all in the lanai. The next morning my new 'Stolen Kiss looked completely dead. I think it got too much sun. It came back to life very,very slowly, doing especially well almost a year later, but it only had one branch. After I trimmed it in the spring, it began sprouting more branches and lovely healthy shiny leaves. It's mid June 2012 now, I planted my Stolen Kiss outside a week ago, but the sun was badly burning the leaves. I dug it up and picked off the burned leaves. Now it's in a pot outside under the roof to give it some shade. I have a couple of different established hibiscus which are getting even more sun, they never get burned leaves. I'm quite new to gardening in SW Florida and learning by my mistakes. I'm really hoping that eventually my Stolen Kiss will become established and will have lots of beautiful flowers.

Positive Kell On Jul 4, 2007, Kell from Northern California, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Part of the Cajun Series from Dupont Nursery, an exotic hibiscus hybridizer in South Louisiana.

A compact plant with 8 to 9 inch blooms which start out pink but then fades to a white color with a colored rim the second day. Formerly known as "Miss Iberville."

Santa Rosa, California