English Rose, Austin Rose
Rosa 'Janet'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Janet
Additional cultivar information:(PP16300; aka AUSpishus)
Hybridized by Austin
Registered or introduced: 2004

Class:

English Rose (aka Austin Rose)

Shrub

Patented

Other Details:

Resistant to mildew

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Columbus, Ohio

Ferndale, Washington

positive

On May 21, 2014, egcgardener from Edwardsville, IL wrote:

My "Janet" rose has beautiful flowers. They're a creamy pale pink. My plant is 4 years old and gets full sun. The blooms seem too heavy for the canes as the flowers droop down towards the ground. I'd call the plant "leggy." I spray for blackspot every 6 weeks to keep the rose bush looking it's best.

On Oct 17, 2010, FLOWER_FANATIC from Columbus, OH wrote:

I live in zip 43221 which may be zone 5b-6a depending on which growing zone sites you use. A local nursery here in Columbus has this Rose 'Janet' in a gallon pot for sale. It is growing nicely in the pot and produces big beautiful VERY PALE cream/yelow/apricot BLEND blooms (NOT pinkish like some of the photos here show) with the classic David Austin bloom shape. It is mid-October now, and I have been spying this rose since spring and I have NEVER notice fragrance at all. I have put my nose all the way into the blooms & each time NO FRAGRANCE.
It is a beautiful rose, in shape & color, so if I decide to get it, it will be for those reasons, but not for scent since there is little to none & has been scentless in my opinion from spring til October.