Anthurium 'Florida'

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Anthurium (an-THUR-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Florida

Hayward, California

Ocala, Florida

Sellersville, Pennsylvania

On Mar 12, 2009, BayAreaTropics from Hayward, CA wrote:

When I bought "Florida" it had oversized spaths that had green in them. I left it on the front porch where it did fine until late winter when it started to decline suddenly. I brought indoors,put it front of a sunny window in a warm room and it recovered last year-but with flowers and spathe the conventional size and color(ferrari red). That it seems to have reverted was from the cold stress ,I thought. Now? beats me.
Has bloomed all winter this year indoors-great,great,exotic looking plant.That it isn't a dwarf Anthurium just adds to the power with big dark green leafs and those red spathes,yellow flowers,-still big compared to the dwarfs.
Pest free. Don't pass up the chance.

On Mar 2, 2009, donkeytail from Sierra Vista, AZ wrote:

I purchased this plant from my local Lowes and it was beautiful and green. The minute I brought it home it started turning yellow. I have a very large north facing window that gets light, but not hot or bright so I thought maybe it needed more light. So I bought a 15 watt grow light and tried that. I have recently fed it hoping perhaps it was low on iron and will see if that helps. Also learned online that it doesn't like tap water, only distilled water, and that you should ymist your plants daily for awhile so that they can adjust from greenhouse to home environment. I can only wait and hope these efforts bring it back to life. Can anyone out there tell me if I should repot a plant as soon as you bring it home or leave it in its original pot til it needs repotting?