PlantFiles: Shrub Rose
Rosa 'Morning Has Broken'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Morning Has Broken
Additional cultivar information: (aka CLEwedding)
Hybridized by Clements; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1996

Resistant to black spot
Resistant to mildew
Resistant to rust

Pruning Instructions:
Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

By LilyLover_UT
Thumbnail #1 of Rosa  by LilyLover_UT

Positive lcsully On May 4, 2010, lcsully from Durham, CT wrote:

This is my first rose and it has performed beautifully. I prune it back hard (per my rose book) in April (for zone 6). After flowers fade, I prune back to the nearest 5 leaflet (also per my rose book). The large yellow flowers are beautiful and fragrant (I think they smell of green tea and rose, but I'm not an expert). It is great at repeating its blooms into fall. I transplanted it last fall to another location of the yard and I thought it was a goner, but after the April pruning (and adding a new layer of mulch), it is looking beautiful and healthy. I've also been using Rose Tone - upon initial planting (about 3 years ago), and I've decided to use it monthly during the growing season this year (as suggested on the Rose Tone bag). I've heard yellow roses are vulnerable to black spot, but this rose is doing great...and I'm no pro. : )

Positive torachan On Apr 9, 2008, torachan from Aurora, CO wrote:

Lovely rose, survives in exposed area, hot sun, cold, and wind. It is not that fast a grower but the blooms and scent are nice. It is disease free as well and discourages insects.

Durham, Connecticut