Floribunda, Large Flowered Climbing Rose
Rosa 'Pinata'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Pinata
Additional cultivar information:(PP3996, aka Piata)
Hybridized by Suzuki

Bremerton, Washington

Olympia, Washington

negative

On May 3, 2015, daynewrose from Miami, FL wrote:

Most people say roses are hard to grow in florida, I say it should be the opposite, roses like sun and good drainage and plenty of water, and we have that type of climate mostly year round. So, what makes it hard is not the plant, but the fact that most people don't want the extra care roses need.
As far as Pinata, I say, there are roses for cutting and there are roses for a colorful garden, plants is mostly for great color combos in the garden. The flowers are vibrant and born in exuberant clusters anywhere from three to 20, per cluster. And they open deep orange, then turn red as flowers age, and pass to lots of great combinations of those colors in between.
The plant is always making new clusters while you are enjoying the open flowers of another cluster, the result been ... read more

On Apr 7, 2012, Shapeshft from Binghamton, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

This rose was sold as locally hardy at a nursery in my area, but did not make it through the very mild winter we had this year ('11-'12). I wish I had seen the hardiness rating on this site before purchasing it.

On Nov 4, 2011, Gascoigne from Shawnee Mission, KS (Zone 5a) wrote:

ok so I rarely, if ever, buy plants at W@lm@rt except herbs and some perennials.but I saw this one in there, the Piata Rose, and though it was small, it had the most saturated, intense orange yellow crimson colored flowers I had ever seen. I looked it up and it said "shade tolerant", so I put it on the East side of my house, which gets NO Afternoon SUN. Well, it's been 6 months since it was put in the ground at 1-2 feet tall., now it is over 5 feet tall, multiple leads and has Bloomed NoN-Stop and it is now early November ! I have Rooguchi clematis running through it as well as Rouge Cardinal (strong red purple velvet blooms) clematis which complements the orange color! It is all doing great and very dramatic. Made this part of my house jump with color! A Must Have!

On Dec 20, 2010, amansker from Escondido, CA wrote:

We are new to roses. Planted Pinata, Dublin Bay and Joseph's coat in Vista, CA last spring. The Pinata grew and bloomed prolifically throughout the summer and today, 12/20, it has about 20 blooms in great shape. Looks like that will be the last bunch for this season. The Joseph's coat was not nearly prolific, but nice anyway.

On Jun 27, 2010, litisk from Gold Canyon, AZ (Zone 8b) wrote:

Another gorgeous climber. I highly recommend this beautiful blooming rose.

On Dec 22, 2009, petralittledog from Salina, KS (Zone 6a) wrote:

My Pinata was still blooming in late October & November this year.

On May 26, 2009, Joan from Belfield, ND (Zone 4a) wrote:

Editor's Note

Plant Patent number 3996 has expired

On Mar 29, 2008, JeanneTX from Willis, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

This rose reminds me of "Joseph's Coat" but no blackspot in my no-spray garden..A must have