Coral Bells, Alumroot, Coralbells, Alum Root 'Paris'

Family: Saxifragaceae (saks-ih-frag-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Heuchera (HEW-ker-a) (Info)
Cultivar: Paris
Additional cultivar information:(PP18881, EU25269; City Series)
Hybridized by Egger

Columbus, Ohio

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania

Norristown, Pennsylvania

On Aug 9, 2015, Henzelli from Columbus, OH wrote:

This was one of the first varieties of Heuchera I started growing. When researching Heuchera, I came across several articles that advised to rapidly and consistently deadhead them as soon as the blooms started to wither to encourage growth in the root ball and the foliage. I figured one or two rounds of deadheading would do it. This variety, along with the Bougelais, is like a hydra. Every time you dead head it three more stalks of flowers come up. Sometimes it feels like it's within the next day! I'm in zone 6 (we used to be zone 5) and I haven't had a period this summer where these are not in bloom. I've started harvesting the flowers to put in a vase at work simply because it seems there's an endless supply!

On Sep 1, 2011, ms_greenjeans from Hopkins, MN (Zone 4a) wrote:

Just planted two of these. One is thriving, the other seems to be melting away....I don't know that I've ever lost a heuchera, so I'm not sure why this is happening. It's quite disappointing because this is a lovely variety. The silvery leaves and bright coral/red flowers really brighten up a shady garden. I'd give it a positive rating for its beauty, but will have to reserve judgment on its performance for now.

On Apr 5, 2011, jeffhaines from Raleigh, NC (Zone 7b) wrote:

This heuchera puts on its show for a very long time, and the flowers have a good, bright color. We planted our first one last spring, and it has overwintered well. It started blooming in March this spring in my Raleigh, NC, garden. Last year, it bloomed throughout most of the summer. The foliage is nice, though not as spectacular as some of the brightly colored varieties. You grow this little gem for the flowers! We grow it in dappled shade in our woodland garden.

On Nov 18, 2009, stormyla from Norristown, PA (Zone 6b) wrote:

The beautiful long lasting blooms on this plant make it worth it's spot in any garden. It blooms for almost 2 months and the lovely red/coral color of the blooms will brighten the darkest shade garden.