PlantFiles: Anthurium Hybrid, Anthurium
Anthurium 'Waimea'

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Anthurium (an-THUR-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Waimea
Hybridized by Dr. H. Kamemoto, University of Hawaii; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2002

Blue-Green
Veined

Flowers are good for cutting

By htop
Thumbnail #1 of Anthurium  by htop

Positive rosi6544 On Jan 5, 2013, rosi6544 from Oceanside, CA wrote:

All spring, summer, and fall, my Anthurium was sitting, shaded, on my patio table and it grew like crazy & was very healthy. I kept it watered all the time, sometimes I thought too much water, but it seemed to like it. Then the cold weather came... sometimes it dropped down to 37 or 40 degrees. The leaves started turning yellow. I thought it must have too much water and slowed down on the watering. Finally I thought maybe it is too cold at night so I brought it in the house 3 weeks ago. I watered it sparingly because of the yellow leaves, however I just read that it likes constant moisture. Just took it to the sink and watered it liberally with about 6 pH water. What about the sick looking leaves???? I would like to attach photos, but don't see any button for that.

Neutral htop On Oct 22, 2007, htop from San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

I have not grown this plant; however, I have observed it growing. It is considered to be one of the best varieties of anthuriums.

Cautionary note:

The juice and sap of this plant contain oxalate crystals which can irritate the mouth, skin, tongue and throat. This can lead to stomach upset, throat swelling, breathing difficulties and burning pain. You should call a poison control center or your doctor if any of these symptoms appear following ingestion of any part of this plant.

The juice and sap of this plant may cause a skin irritation and/or a rash. Wash the affected area with soap and water as soon as possible after contact. Rashes may be very painful and very serious. You should call a poison control center or your doctor if symptoms appear following contact with this plant.

Brea, California