Anthurium, Salmon and Green Obake Anthurium
Anthurium 'Anuenue'

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Anthurium (an-THUR-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Anuenue
Hybridized by Dr. Haruyuki Kamemoto, University of Hawaii

Blue-Green

Flowers are good for cutting

Partial to Full Shade

Wellborn, Florida

Adel, Georgia

Haiku, Hawaii

On Jul 9, 2012, Nickolock from Tifton, GA wrote:

For about three years now I've have this gorgeous valentine heart-shaped leaf and bloom as a houseplant. The ladies in particular love it. Just about anyone who sees it notices the heart-shaped leaves and blooms and comments. "God is love" is a Scripture that I like to think it represents quite well in these valentine shapes of leaf and bloom. Some anthuriums haved lance-shaped leaves, but this one is heart- shaped. It grows on a mostly shaded porch in summer and near a southern exposure window in winter. I purchased it at Lowe's late in the season (August-November) after it's arrival from Miami-Goulds, Florida plant production center. (Company not known). It was about two feet tall, pretty big, happy and blooming in the store. The price was a little high for me at $19.95 or slightly... read more

On Aug 6, 2008, Alexandros300 from Aurora, CO wrote:

I have a Flamingo - Salmon Anthurium in which I had bought from Wal - Mart. ( I know it is not the best place, but they do not know about plants and therefore price them soo cheap).
I put my main plant near a window with decent amount of sun, though not direct. It is doing very well; it has three blooms and another one still opening up. I took of a rhizome with two large leaves and a small growth with only one root, placed it in a little bio degrade. container of soil, and so far it has been doing well. Once this develops roots, I will attempt to grow it on a lava rock. Here are some pictures of the plant and the separated rhizome.

On Oct 22, 2007, htop from San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

I have not grown this plant; however, I have observed it growing. Its bloom is bi-color consisting of a salmony tone and green.

Cautionary note:

The juice and sap of this plant contain oxalate crystals which can irritate the mouth, skin, tongue and throat. This can lead to stomach upset, throat swelling, breathing difficulties and burning pain. You should call a poison control center or your doctor if any of these symptoms appear following ingestion of any part of this plant.

The juice and sap of this plant may cause a skin irritation and/or a rash. Wash the affected area with soap and water as soon as possible after contact. Rashes may be very painful and very serious. You should call a poison control center or your doctor if symptoms appear f... read more