Shrub Rose 'Pink Double Knock Out'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Double Knock Out
Additional cultivar information:(PP18507, aka RADtkopink, Pink Double Knock Out)
Hybridized by Radler-

Resistant to black spot

Resistant to mildew

Resistant to rust

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Tomball, Texas

Portsmouth, Virginia

Madison, Wisconsin

On May 6, 2015, longlayers from Fall River, MA wrote:

Totally agree with lambe69. I have a pink double knock out. It is exceptionally robust, vigorous and disease resistant. However it is a shame how hyped up these are especially on commercial properties. One could say these are the Stella d'oro daylilies of the rose world! :-p

On Jun 15, 2014, sunkissed from Winter Springs, FL (Zone 9b) wrote:

I've had the red Knockout rose for many years, but happy to find the Pink Double on a clearance rack at Lowe's. Knock-out roses are the only rose I have luck with in our wet humid summers. They really like to be in full sun. Mine do get irrigation twice a week. The pink looks more like a rose than my red do.

On Nov 29, 2013, MurrayTX from El Paso, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

These grow very well in the brutal summer heat and mildly alkaline soils in this region. I have two that I planted in 2012 as 1.5 gallon pots that have gone from 8 inches this past winter to nearly 3x3 bushes in one season. I use a soaker hose, coffee grounds, and 3 inches of shredded city mulch. No pesticides or herbicides.

On Sep 17, 2011, Iambe69 from Park Ridge, IL wrote:

I planted four double pink knockout roses in my front landscape two years ago, and they are doing very well - lots of blooms, no back spot/mildew, Japanese beetles avoid, plenty of blooms, survive the Chicago winter. However, it drives me absolutely mad that the McDonalds, the gas station, the Dunkin Donuts, etc. has these same roses in their landscape. I am sick of seeing them. Further, the roses "pale-out" in a weird way, unlike other pink roses. I.e., the color is nice when it first blooms, but then changes to a strange pink/off-white color I'm not particularly fond of. I will remove them and replace them with some carefree beauty roses, which are also resistant to black spot/mildew. If I have to spend a bit more time on them, I don't mind - hopefully the Japanese Beetles will avo... read more

On Mar 31, 2011, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

All my knockouts (red, double pink, etc) do so well grown as standards. The only problem is that the canopy can get very big, thus causing the tree to get top-heavy and lean over. I've had to use metal supports to keep it from falling over and possibly breaking. Wood stakes will only help while the tree is young, that's why I've resorted to metal, which is not very attractive. As of this writing, the trunk on my Pink DBL KO tree is 1" in diameter. I also grow this plant as a shrub and it is equally lovely, blooming repeatedly throughout the season.

On May 27, 2010, eagerwatchdog from Berwyn, IL wrote:

Perpetual bloomer and EXCEPTIONALLY hardy! Love this plant, doesn't need a lot of care than the other roses I have. The plant stands by it's name "resists bugs and/ aphids, resists blackspots, too". You can see the photos I uploaded for this plant... just simply stunning!, same thing with the RED DOUBLE knockout rose

On May 3, 2010, CreativeCountry from Petersburg, IN wrote:

I have several varieties of KnockOuts, but this one is very striking, so much so I had to check the tag. Very large, bright clean blooms. Beautiful color and I can see this plant used in so many ways. I have three in a triangular pattern around a very small tree, they are very impressive in groups and guaranteed color for months.

On Oct 27, 2007, Kell from Northern California, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

This rose is a sport of Double Knockout. This one has twice the number of petals as Knockout on 2 1/2 inch wide blooms. It has almost continuous bloom from spring to the first hard frost. new growth is a beautiful burgundy color.