Grandiflora Rose
Rosa 'Dream Come True'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Dream Come True
Additional cultivar information:(aka Wekdocpot, Dream Come True)
Hybridized by Pottschmidt
Registered or introduced: 2006

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Yellow blend (yb)

Habit:

Bush

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Norristown, Pennsylvania

On Jul 20, 2014, lancer23 from San Francisco, CA wrote:

Its not that great of a rose if you don't spray. Its covered with blackspots most of the time. The flower is large and is a yellow pink blend. Nice big size flowers and generous in number of blooms. It last pretty long and holds on to its petal when faded which makes dead-heading essential otherwise very unsightly and messy looking. No scent detected, and when grow in sunny area the flower petals will be bleached and blistered. Its sad to see a whole bunch of colorful blooms washed out and ruin. I'm happen to be in a windy area and the long stem unfortunately can't stand the force and break, often still in buds.(self pruning:-()
Its a very tall bush about 6 ft.
I recommend "rainbow sorbet" if you really like yellow, pink blend roses which I happen to grow it next to th... read more

On Feb 24, 2014, tgwWhale from Casco, WI wrote:

This rose was a failure for me. I planted one in 2011. In the catalog it appeared to have yellow petals with red edges. In my garden the colors were more "washed out" than in the catalog photo, and what was there faded quickly. The flower form was generally poor. Also the bush did not grow vigorously, and the number of blooms was poor, particularly for a grandiflora.

After two summers, I culled this one. Thumbs down.

On May 19, 2011, gardeningaddict from Lees Summit, MO wrote:

I planted the Dream Come True rose 5 years ago. The first two years it was lovely but in the spring of it's 3rd year, it seemed to die away. I removed dead canes but left it alone. By that fall, new canes had started coming up through the soil away from the bud union. The 4th summer had more new growth, also away from the bud union but with no flowers. This spring it has flourished and is beginning to bloom but the flowers are RED. Is it reverting back to a parent plant? I can't find record of what they are. What would cause the plant to die away and do this?

On Jul 22, 2010, PenelopeEC from Dallas, TX wrote:

I love this rose.....smells good, no disease problems, holds it's color well. Description says 3-4 ft wide. Mine are just starting their second year and are at 3 ft wide and 5 1/2 ft tall. Light fragrance but nice. It makes a great cut flower. Beautiful, very full blue-green foliage from the dirt to the top. It gets to be a very loud, neon pink when the temps get up, so speaking from personal experience I wouldn't plant it next to anything red. It not a pretty color combo. In my garden I got the best show in the fall last year as our springs are very short and warm. It almost goes from winter to summer here. Bloomed from April until Dec. for me.

On May 26, 2010, shn02al from Wetumpka, AL wrote:

I got this rose because it was supposedly highly resistant to disease. However, it is my worse performing and most diseased plant in my small collection of roses. I grow 2 David Austin roses, Iceberg, Voluptuous, Stairway to Heaven climber, and several Knock Outs. I planted this container rose last summer along with all my other roses. I guess I believed it wasn't as prone to black spot and thus didn't spray anything on it. I t may replace this rose if it doesn't shape up.

On Sep 6, 2008, BlackDogKurt from Seymour, CT wrote:

I just planted a Dream Come True rose this spring. It started off slowly and the first few blloms were very unimpressive. But, by late July, it really took off for me and started giving me larger, more impressive blooms that looked like all the photos I saw of it. Still blooming for me now in mid-September here in Zone 6A. Nicely fragrant, a little more than I expected, based on what I had read about it. Winner of the 2008 All America Rose Selection(AARS).

On Jun 7, 2008, mrs_colla from Marin, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

The flowers last a very long time on the bush, they start out tight but unfurl very beautifully, almost like another rose!
And finally, the newly opened flower is very bright but fades to a very pretty pastel version. A real winner for me!

On Oct 30, 2007, soulgardenlove from Marietta, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

From AARS:
Dream Come True, 2008 AARS Rose Winner
Dream Come True is a stunning sight of catchy colors, which lures the likes of even non-rose lovers to its side. This rose produces flawlessly formed yellow blossoms, blushed with ruby-red at the tips, all set amongst abundant matte green foliage. The big, bushy vigorous plant yields long-stemmed, long-lived blooms with mild tea fragrance, making it lovely in the landscape and a great choice for bouquets.

Dream Come True was hybridized by Dr. John Pottschmidt of Cincinnati, Ohio only the 3rd amateur hybridizer to win the AARS Award in 67 years and introduced by Weeks Roses of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
Fact Sheet