PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Pink Berkeley Tie Dye'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Berkeley Tie Dye
Additional cultivar information: (aka Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye, Berkeley Tie Dye Pink)
Hybridized by Brad Gates/Wild Boar Farms

Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by jenhillphoto

By LilyLover_UT
Thumbnail #5 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LilyLover_UT

Neutral CaliforniaGuy On Aug 18, 2013, CaliforniaGuy from Lakewood, CA wrote:

Fantastic tasting, great looking tomatoes. Unfortunately, the plant itself doesn't grow too well in my yard, which can be very hot in the Summer, and also get quite damp at night. I'd still recommend trying it though. I'm skipping it this year as I have limited space in the yard, but will try again in the future.

Positive carminator1 On Jun 3, 2012, carminator1 from mobile, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

This tomato is out of this world, has just the right kick, just finished probably the best sandwich of my entire life, a huge slice of this tomato, with mayo and fresh mozzarella, YUM!!!!!!! Beautiful tomato as well, very pleased, and producing well for me.

Neutral b54red On Jul 18, 2010, b54red from Dothan, AL wrote:

This was my first year of growing this tomato and it was one of my favorites. Taste was superb and it had very good production. My one plant produced 29 tomatoes from 9 oz to 15 oz. The striped fruit is one of the most beautiful tomatoes I have ever seen. I had some nematode damage to the roots but not before it produced a fine crop. It will get at least 3 spots in my garden next year.

Positive Suze_ On Nov 9, 2007, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

The flavor is superb, quite the pleasant surprise. The first pic I've added is a fused triple (close to 1.5 lb) and is not representive of typical size. One of my best tasting tomato varieties in '08. Plants are on the compact side, around 4 ft tall. Avg to high-avg productivity.

Brad's description/history:
"BTD pink showed up the next year as one plant that was mostly dark pink blush in the meat with some pink bleeding to the outside. The next year the dark pink(port wine color) was in most of the tomatoes and I saw no variations last year when I grew a couple hundred plants of it."

Dothan, Alabama