PlantFiles: Bell Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Flavorburst'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Flavorburst

» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):
Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:
Bell

Fruit Size:
Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Stuffing

Mid (69-80 days)

By KSBaptisia
Thumbnail #1 of Capsicum annuum by KSBaptisia

Positive Nanny23 On Oct 7, 2013, Nanny23 from Mount Sterling, KY (Zone 6b) wrote:

This pepper is still producing very nice peppers in October. They have good flavor. Great golden color adds flare to any dish you care to put them in. I planted them late in the season and they started blooming right away and have continued blooming as of this post. I will definitely plant some of the seed that I have saved for next year! I even planted some in window boxes and they still did very well!

Negative lokidog On Jan 19, 2013, lokidog from Logan, UT wrote:

If anything this plant is misnamed. It had nearly no flavor compared to all other peppers I grew. It was also not productive, the peppers were thin-walled, and they sun-scalded terribly. Perhaps this is a pepper adapted to other regions. We have hot days, cool nights, and very low humidity. Nearly no rain, all substantial water is from irrigation.

Positive TheVirginian On May 15, 2011, TheVirginian from Vienna, VA wrote:

We grew two of these plants in 2010 with a good deal of success. They set a large number of medium/large peppers throughout the summer, and the flavor is among the best I have ever tasted. Great for fajitas, sausage and pepper sandwiches, pizza toppings, and in tomato sauces. These became our favorite peppers and my wife loved them so much that she insisted that I grow these again in 2011!

Negative MaryNeedsSleep On Mar 14, 2010, MaryNeedsSleep from Morgantown, WV wrote:

Last summer was cold and wet, a bad year for peppers, so I'll give these another chance, but I have to say I was unimpressed. Each plant produced maybe 3 peppers total, and the walls were very thin. The peppers were an unusual, attractive color -- chartreuse, turning slightly orange when overripe, but never really yellow. The taste was OK, but the walls were so thin that I didn't really know what to do with them. Perhaps they are just particularly sensitive to weather conditions -- I had reduced, but still decent, yields from my hot peppers last year, although the hot pepper quality was still good -- unlike these Flavorburst peppers.

Positive KSBaptisia On Aug 18, 2009, KSBaptisia from Beatrice, NE (Zone 5b) wrote:

Flavorburst is easily the best yellow bell pepper I have grown. It has shown good growth habits and produced an abundance of large, thick-walled peppers in my garden. The peppers color up early in the season and have some of the best flavor of any bell I have grown.

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 21, 2007, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A blocky (4 x 4 inch) yellow hybrid bell.

Mount Sterling, Kentucky