Sweet Pepper 'Yummy Orange'

Capsicum annuum

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Yummy Orange
Additional cultivar information:(aka Yummy)
» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):

Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:

Fruit Size:

Small (under 2" in length)

Fruit Color:

Prior Lake, Minnesota

Ozark, Missouri

Athens, Ohio

On Oct 25, 2013, Ozark from Ozark, MO (Zone 6a) wrote:

I agree with everything the other reviewers said here - this is an EXCELLENT little sweet pepper. I lost two pepper plants of other varieties to moles this spring, and replaced them with two of these seedlings from WalMart, grown by Bonnie Plant Farms. I really like these, and the flavor is the sweetest of all the peppers I've grown. This variety isn't a hybrid, it's open-pollinated, so I've saved seeds for next season.

On Jan 23, 2011, feliciap from Prior Lake, MN wrote:

It would be hard to overpraise this plant. I grow over a dozen pepper varieties, amounting to about 150 plants, every year and "Yummy" is the only variety I never rotate out. The fruit is nearly perfect: beautiful and completely without blemish. As others have pointed out it is certainly sweet, but also possessing a depth of flavor most peppers lack. I don't typically like small peppers --- they tend to crack a lot, are a pain to process, an equal pain to pick, have a terrible seed-to-fruit ratio and taste like cardboard. This pepper is big enough to make slicing for stir-fry a reasonable choice and is nearly pith- and seed-free, making processing a breeze.

However, where this pepper truly shines is in the vigor of the plants. I have never --- repeat that: NEVER --- had one... read more

On Sep 13, 2009, PeppersPeppers from Athens, OH wrote:

I grew 'Yummy' pepper for the first time this year- and will DEFINITELY grow more next year. Got my seed from Jung. My peppers are 2"-3" long, sort of blocky shaped, not shaped like a bell pepper, more like an over-sized jalapeno. The ripen to a beautiful orange color and are about the sweetest peppers I've ever grown. Truly a 'snack pepper', as you can easily eat them right out of the garden. Not many seeds inside.They've been a real hit w/my friends. We ate some just last night stuffed with chicken salad.

On Nov 21, 2007, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A small (2.5 x 1.5 inch) orange snack pepper.