PlantFiles: Daphniphyllum
Daphniphyllum humile

Family: Daphniphyllaceae
Genus: Daphniphyllum (daf-ne-FILL-um) (Info)
Species: humile (HEW-mil-ee) (Info)

Synonym:Daphniphyllum macropodum var. humile

By Rhamnella
Thumbnail #1 of Daphniphyllum humile by Rhamnella

Positive Agaveguy On May 17, 2009, Agaveguy from San Antonio, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Has proven lime tolerant and somewhat drought tolerant in my garden in part shade.

Positive Rhamnella On Feb 7, 2008, Rhamnella from Palmetto, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

1999 we visited England and met an elderly lady at her home/nursery in Hampshire I believe who had been described as a "demon propagator" meaning she could root anything. We arrived midday and called her out from her house. She was easily 70, perhaps 80. We talked to assure her we were not just tourists but deeply interested in her garden. We spent a wonderful hour with her. Midway through the visit she asked me if I could root Daphniphyllum. Well, no, I never had. Nor had she. But she had tried for years. (I confess I never had tried.) It eluded her. The lesson is do it from seed.

The seeds come on in abundance. Of course, you need a seed source. Ours has been the Atlanta Botanical Garden where the photo was taken.

Palmetto, Georgia