Grape Honeysuckle, Yellow Honeysuckle 'Kintzley's Ghost'

Lonicera reticulata

Family: Caprifoliaceae (cap-ree-foh-lee-AY-see-ee) (Info) (cap-ree-foh-lee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lonicera (luh-NIS-er-a) (Info)
Species: reticulata (reh-tick-yoo-LAY-tuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Kintzley's Ghost

Denver, Colorado

Lisle, Illinois

Indianapolis, Indiana

Carlisle, Pennsylvania

On May 20, 2015, Imoongypsy from Vancouver, WA wrote:

In earlyApril I purchased a kintzley ghost grape honeysuckle from Shorty's nursery in Vancouver Washington. Today I noticed the plant is covered in tiny, sticky, grey insects(?), or(?). What is it?

On Jun 6, 2011, denvergreen from Denver, CO (Zone 5a) wrote:

I left this plant in it's grower's pot for a year or two before finally planting it two years ago. After such abuse this is the first year it has bloomed for me and it was well worth the wait. Individual flowers are not very impressive but the flower clusters, as delicate and shiny as threads of glass, are set off by circular silver bracts and really make an impression. I have read that the bracts remain, like "a galaxy of moons," throughout the season.

Unlike most honeysuckles this plant is compact, making it ideal for growing in containers, on obelisks, or on a large trellis. Requires twining for upright growth. Actually it would look great sprawling down a hillside. I'm very impressed with this vine.

On Apr 28, 2011, Buttoneer from Carlisle, PA (Zone 6b) wrote:

It has taken 3 years for this plant to get started in Pa zone 6 & get buds on it. When the flowers are open, I'll take pictures of the flowers & post them here. Has anybody ever propagated this plant before and if so, how do you do it?