PlantFiles: Collarette Dahlia
Dahlia 'Clair De Lune'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Dahlia (DAHL-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Clair De Lune
Additional cultivar information: (aka Claire De Lune, Claire-De-Lune)
Hybridized by Maarse; Year of Registration or Introduction: 1946

» View all varieties of Dahlias

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Section:
Collerette

Flower Size:
Small - 4 to 6 inches (100 to 150 mm) diameter

White
Yellow

Pruning:

Flowers are good for cutting

Positive elsutor On Jul 8, 2014, elsutor from Penn Hills, PA wrote:

This dahlia is slightly shorter than many others I have grown, and the first year I swamped it with taller, brighter flowers. The tubers came through the winter well, and I planted this dahlia in a different area, with no other dahlias. It is next to a Pretoria canna and a black calla lily, as well as a cucumber plant and a dappled willow. The flowers are magnificent this year. It has an understated elegance and mild color that are just perfect in this setting, and it seems a little earlier to bloom than some others I grow. Highly recommended.

Neutral saya On Apr 25, 2008, saya from Heerlen
Netherlands (Zone 8b) wrote:

A 2008 addition to my garden. This simple collarette dahlia is named after Debussy’s romantic nocturne.".. With a single row of soft yellow outer petals, a frilly ruff of white inner petals, and an eye like a harvest moon.." I think it will be a pretty collerette Dahlia to add to my Dahlia collection in my garden.
Raised by Maarse, Netherlands 1946.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania