PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Giant Tree'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Giant Tree

By LenaBeanNZ
Thumbnail #3 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LenaBeanNZ

By LenaBeanNZ
Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LenaBeanNZ

Positive whiteoakvfarm On Nov 15, 2013, whiteoakvfarm from Collegedale, TN wrote:

This is a very heavy producer for us each year. The fruits are also huge. We harvested one that weighed nearly 3 lbs. this past season and most all of the fruits weighted over 1 lb. each. They have a great taste as well. Very meaty and great on a sandwich! This is a variety that we make sure to grow each year.

Positive MsKatt On Oct 12, 2008, MsKatt from Mid-Michigan, MI (Zone 5b) wrote:

This was a very prolific producer, "true" tomato taste and a very meaty tomato. We had many cool nights in August this year so I ended up with a lot of green tomatoes that I had to pick before the frost hit.

I only planted two of these and I picked at least 40 lbs of tomatoes. They were about 6 ft tall and needed a significant stake. They thrived in my organic garden, pests were not a problem, neither was disease.

My other tomatoes in a bed about 350 ft away had blight while these did not.

Positive Farmerdill On Jun 13, 2008, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This one will grow here, but not well. It is already showing signs of Fusarium. The good news is that it did not succumb to Southern Blight which wipes out many non-commercial open pollinated varieties. Seeds were a bonus pack, so I am given them a trial.

Augusta, Georgia