PlantFiles: Shrub Rose
Rosa 'Peach Drift'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Peach Drift
Additional cultivar information: (Meiggili, Peach Compact Meidiland )
Hybridized by Meiland; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2008

Class:
Shrub

Apricot and apricot blend (ab)

Bloom Shape:

Patented

Other Details:
Resistant to black spot

Pruning Instructions:
Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

By grafting

Thumbnail #4 of Rosa  by palmbob

By palmbob
Thumbnail #5 of Rosa  by palmbob

Neutral coriaceous On Sep 27, 2014, coriaceous from ROSLINDALE, MA wrote:

"Peach Drift" made the NYBG's Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden's list of top performers with an exceptionally high rating. The Rockefeller Rose Garden is a sustainable garden in which no toxic fungicides are used. In NYC, this cultivar has excellent, clean foliage all season without spraying for blackspot.

The flowers are a little over 2" across, and the foliage is proportionately small. In NYC, bloom is profuse, starting in June and continuing nonstop till frost.

Because of the challenge they present to weed control, I wouldn't use any rose as a groundcover. "Peach Drift" has a good low mounding habit that's useful in the garden but not especially useful as a groundcover.

The cultivar name is 'Meiggili'. "Peach Drift" is a trademark and a proprietary trade name belonging to Conard-Pyle.

Bred by Alain Meilland 2006. Introduced in the US by Star Roses in 2008.

US PP 18,542.

Positive shopshops On Aug 14, 2012, shopshops from Joshua, TX wrote:

This rose is stunning up close and from a distance. It is a lovely peach colour and looks great planted enmasse. I planted three in a row aganst my east facing front fence. They get 6 hours of morning sun and evening shade. I fertilize them once in the spring with a slow release fertilzer and I rely on my sprinkler system to water them. They got babied the first year they were in the ground. However, when I realized that they survived the 2011 horrible drought with once a week hand watering, I let the sprinklers water them. They have not failed to produce flowers and have been blooming since the Spring. It is now summer. They make a huge impact from the road. I have had people driving by in their cars stop to ask what they were. Plant three together in a row or a triangle and you will see what I mean.
The fragrance is to die for. For me the fragrance is very heavy. I just stand by the bush and the smell envelops me. Not recommended, but when I purchased these I left them in my car overnight. When I went out to my car the next day to plant these, the smell was just gorgeous. It is a beautiful fruity, rose scent.

Positive katherine_v On Apr 18, 2012, katherine_v from Orlando, FL wrote:

The best rose I've found in years. Repeat cluster blooms that look solid peach from a distance but have yellow, coral, white shades closeup. Soft sweet scent. Regular water and light fertilizer keep them happy. Year-round bloomer in Orlando, FL.

Orlando, Florida