PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Tycoon'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Tycoon

Tobacco Mosaic (T)

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

Neutral vossner On Jul 25, 2014, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Rating neutral as new in my Fall 2014 veggie garden. Named Texas Superstar in March 2014.

Positive 1lisac On Jul 10, 2013, 1lisac from Liberty Hill, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is my first year growing this plant but it won't be my last. It is growing great and producing loads of large red globes, that are blemish free. I broke the plant in two by accident rooted the top and planted both. It doesn't have the great taste of my black heirlooms but it's high yield and dependability make up for that. Anything that will set fruit in triple digit heat is good to me.

Can't understand why it would get a negative rating for having a possible disease. That isn't a reflection of the plant itself.

Negative limestonegardener On Jun 18, 2013, limestonegardener from Crawford, TX wrote:

Just planted one Tycoon. It produced large fruits which became mottled red and green and brown. Some fruits turned to dark brown mush on the vine. I have removed it and all the debris I could. After looking around on the web the problem seems to be most like a Tobacco virus. I bought it from our Grocery store and a smoker could have handled it. Never realized that would be a problem! Am sad as I lost a great many tomatoes on the vine and it could infect the others planted nearby.

Neutral Farmerdill On Dec 16, 2008, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A large round red fresh market hybrid from Hazera. It has heat set ability and high tolerance tomato yellow leaf curl virus and tomato spotted wilt virus.

Crawford, Texas