PlantFiles: Petunia
Petunia 'Opera Supreme Lilac Ice'

Genus: Petunia (peh-TEWN-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Opera Supreme Lilac Ice
Additional cultivar information: (Opera Supreme™ series)

under 6 in. (15 cm)

Thumbnail #2 of Petunia  by angiegr

Thumbnail #3 of Petunia  by angiegr

By 22cold
Thumbnail #4 of Petunia  by 22cold

Positive boxcar_grower On Feb 19, 2011, boxcar_grower from South Hadley, MA (Zone 6a) wrote:

This will be my third year growing opera supreme petunias. The have been the best performing trailing petunia I have grown.

Like all petunias, they are very heavy feeders. If you don't feed often you will have weak, chlorotic, and unattractive plants. I found that weekly fertilization with a water soluable fertilizer works best. I prefer Peters Petunia FeED.

Opera Supreme never needed deadheading or even cleaning up during the season. They trail nicely with tons of blooms from early summer until early fall. They are day length sensative like all petunias. In September the blooms begin to fade due to shorter days. I usually pull them before frost.

The only problem I have had with them is caterpillars. They don't seem to adversely affect the plant but they can make the foliage look poor.

Highly recommend this petunia. This is actually the only petunia I grow out of my greenhouse.

Positive angiegr On Dec 19, 2008, angiegr from Quincy, FL (Zone 8b) wrote:

I purchased seed from Park Seed and started them indoors before spring. I had 5 or 6 plants that all did extremely well and were beautiful for many months. Or at least until it got really hot and humid. They responded well to Dynamite fertilizer for annuals. It looks pretty combined with Euphorbia Diamond Frost (which I also adore).

Quincy, Florida