Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Sweet Bell Pepper 'Yum Yum Gold'

Capsicum annuum

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Yum Yum Gold
» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):

Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:

Fruit Size:

Small (under 2" in length)

Fruit Color:

Green changing to gold

Fresh (salsa, salads)

Early (55-68 days)

Bay City, Michigan

Rockvale, Tennessee

On Jul 16, 2013, sewitgoes from Bay City, MI wrote:

These plants are doing OK in my Michigan garden. Looks like tons on little peppers coming on each of 6 plants. They plants look like they'll remain short....probably under 2 feet tall for the most part (some are taller than others at the moment, but they all were the same height when planted about mid-May)

On Aug 19, 2011, Terry from Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a) wrote:

This variety is a good choice for a container or small space - compact plants are highly prolific producers of miniature elongated bells, approximately 2-3 inches long. Thin walls, sweet, very few seeds make them easy to slice over salad, stuff with cold fillings or just eat out of hand. Very pretty orangey-gold fruit.

I'm glad I found these at our local Amish garden center this spring. The plants only had a hand-printed nametag, but the salesperson assured me they were compact miniature bells, and they were spot on in their description.

I definitely want to grow them again, either from seed or local plant sources.