Coreopsis, Tickseed
Coreopsis 'Full Moon'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Coreopsis (kor-ee-OP-sis) (Info)
Cultivar: Full Moon
Additional cultivar information:(PP19364, Big Bang Series)
Hybridized by Probst
Registered or introduced: 2007

Pale Yellow

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

Patented

Collect seedhead/pod when flowers fade; allow to dry

Gilbert, Arizona

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Wakefield, Rhode Island

On Jun 30, 2014, saya from Heerlen
Netherlands (Zone 8b) wrote:

I've planted 'Full Moon' late spring 2013 in my garden. This year its more bushy and higher. It has grown up to 70 cm. The blooms are in a pleasant soft citrus yellow. I've measured the flowers about 6 to 7 cm across. We just had a period of heavy rainfall and the flowers are still standing up without support. I'm very happy with it.

On Mar 5, 2011, mslehv from Columbus, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

As a second year plant this grew much taller (>4') and bushier than expected of a coreopsis. It required staking to protect its neighbors and I was forced to move it to a more back-of-the-border location in the fall.

On the plus side, it blooms profusely from mid-summer through to frost in full sun. I agree that the blooms are only about 1".

On Jun 24, 2010, DeenDixie from Fayetteville, AR wrote:

"Full Moon" coreopsis has become one of my favorite plants. I have grown it in my zone 6b northwest Arkansas garden for three years now, in well-drained soil where it gets minimum 8 hours of sun a day. The flower is a pretty true yellow with no orange in it. It starts to bloom for me early July and usually stays in heavy bloom until our first frost in October. It tends to flop over, but I have not staked it.The tag with the plant claimed that it produces flowers more than 2 inches wide.... but that was NOT the case for me... more like 1 inch. But the lovely shade of yellow and continuous heavy bloom mid summer to frost are, in my view, highly endearing qualities. I recommend it highly.