Hyssop, Bubble Gum Mint, Hummingbird Mint
Agastache 'Heatwave'

Family: Lamiaceae (lay-mee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Agastache (ah-gas-TAH-kee) (Info)
Cultivar: Heatwave

Nineveh, New York

Concord, North Carolina

Durham, North Carolina

On Sep 9, 2012, annucia from Durham, NC wrote:

I planted a group of three Agastache heatwave last fall in Durham NC. They exploded in bloom this past June and have been blooming ever since. It is now Sept. I never deadheaded them although probably should have in August, maybe would have gotten additional blooms. They are in a hard to get at location and since even the spent blooms look pretty to me, I just left them be. The garden soil had been amended so has very good drainage, and needs very little water, held up beautifully during our 95 degree days. The deer stay away. I will plant more as soon as I can find it!

On Nov 26, 2010, themikeman from Concord, NC (Zone 7a) wrote:

Very Very Neat Plant!!, I bought mine at Lowes in 2008 and it is now about 4 ft tall and yet only 2 years old! The moths and Butterflies love this, but i've only seen a hummingbird on it once or twice as the seem to flock to my feeder i think instead. you only need one of these in a garden trust me, unless your garden is more then a couple hundred feet across having more than one or two of these would really crowd all the other perrenials out and detrack from the overall gardens beauty, so if you have to buy two, then plant at other opposite ends of the garden, no where close to each other..Looks really cool along with and in contrast to: Russian Sage. Purple Phlox such as 'Laura' and Blue Salvias. try not to put very many other pinks or lavenders with it though, darker perrenials look th... read more

On Aug 16, 2010, ngam from Southeast, MA (Zone 6b) wrote:

Second year in my garden and it is nearly five feet tall. Even with an up and down season weather wise as far as up and down temps and all or nothing for rain, this plant is making the humming birds and the gardener happy. Been blooming for well over a month and still going strong.

On Nov 27, 2009, gmary from Union, KY wrote:

This perennial was newely planted in my garden last year. It was between 3-4 feet tall. It was huge and it bloomed like crazy in full sun. Bees absolutely love this plant. Give this one plenty of room. I will be cutting mine back this year to keep it shorter in my small garden.