PlantFiles: Mandevilla, Dipladenia
Mandevilla 'Sun Parasol Dark Red'

Family: Apocynaceae (a-pos-ih-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Mandevilla (man-de-VILL-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Sun Parasol Dark Red
Additional cultivar information: (PP19672, aka Sunparabeni)
Hybridized by Ruys; Year of Registration or Introduction: 2008

Thumbnail #5 of Mandevilla  by hutchygirl

By hutchygirl
Thumbnail #6 of Mandevilla  by hutchygirl

Positive Bazuhi On Sep 30, 2012, Bazuhi from Downers Grove, IL (Zone 5a) wrote:

Love these plants and so far so good over wintering them in my house

Positive hutchygirl On Aug 30, 2011, hutchygirl from Stow, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

I have two Mandevillas and liked them so well I bought one for my mom! Mine have been transplanted and receive full, southern sun...my mom's is still in original soil and pot, receives a few hours of northern exposure sun and is twice the size of mine and vining all over the place! We are both unsure of how to over-winter them, however, since they are not reported to grow in our zone (5b, OH), which can have quite vicious winters! Any help would be appreciated!

Positive DallasPark01826 On Sep 18, 2009, DallasPark01826 from Dracut, MA wrote:

My plant is just beautiful, more blooms than I hoped for. It's on a deck that gets morning sun, then filtered sun...many trees. I'm not a gardener, just bought this plant because it is so beautiful. I'm hoping to winter it over, live in a condo..no cellar..so I'm going to try my luck in a spare room with good sunlight, and keep the heat off in there, as best I can. We have a very small deck, abutting a wooded area, and there is hardly room to sit..plants everywhere I can fit them. This is my first time on Dave's Garden page, but I've found so much helpful information. First off, the identifier that was in this plant said it was Mandevilla Alice Dupont..lol...but looking through the pages here, I found out what it really is. Thanks for all the lovely picture postings, when I figure out what's what, I'll try my luck at that too.
They call me Dallas...but that's because this complex is called Dallas Park, and when we moved here in '06, too many neighbors had the same first name..lol we're in Dracut Ma. on the NH state line.
Sorry I don't have great information to share, maybe next year I can be more informative.

Long Beach, California