PlantFiles: Orchid, Oncidium Ruffles 'Scent of a Woman'
Oncidium

Family: Orchidaceae (or-kid-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Oncidium (on-SID-ee-um) (Info)
Grex name: Ruffles
Clonal name: Scent of a Woman
Additional cultivar information: (Onc. ornithorhynchum X Onc. fuscatum)
Hybridized by Moir

By Ironwood
Thumbnail #3 of Oncidium  by Ironwood

No positives

Neutral Leafhead On Feb 21, 2014, Leafhead from Madison, WI wrote:

I just acquired one of these lovely orchids and it desperately needs repotting. I am waiting for it to finish its bloom, then I plan to repot in the Spring (whatever that is lol) from its 3" pot.
Does anyone have an opinion as to clay versus plastic?
It is in a fine mix, so I'll follow suit.

Neutral violabird On Feb 17, 2009, violabird from Barnesville, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Have had this one for 2 years now. Blooms at least twice a year when I remember to fertilize. Smells a bit like Chocolate to me very close up.

Notes I had found in my research:

Purchased under this name: Mtdm. Ruffles 'Scent of a Woman' with info: Mtdm is a Miltonidium which is a hybrid of a Miltonia and Oncidium. Specifically, Mtdm. Ruffles 'Scent of a Woman' is a primary hybrid of
**Miltonia warscewiczii-- now reclassified as Oncidium fuscatum and Oncidium ornithorhynchum

It is described at Cloud's Orchids as a "compact grower produces sprays of cute amethyst/old rose/magenta/ivory flowers with sweet fragrance.