PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Goose Creek'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Goose Creek

Fresh, slicing
Canning

Leaf Type:

Positive Jeanne72 On Oct 12, 2012, Jeanne72 from Round Lake, IL wrote:

Was lucky enough to obtain seeds and tried these this year In Northern Illinois, near the Wisconsin border. This year was a rough year though. In May we had 40 mph winds regularly, which made hardening off and transplanting safely a trick. I finally got two transplanted to the garden successfully. They were slow in terms of production getting started. However, to be fair, we had long record breaking strings of 100F heat through June and July. This gave way to drought. I watered though. My plants had no diseases or problems. However, the heat certainly inhibited pollination, and it was August before I even started getting anything. Fruits were minimal at first, typically tennis ball sized, a beautiful pink-red, similar to Rose tomatoes, but the shade was slightly different. Taste was amazing too. They had an almost creamy texture, brilliant flavor, and were one of my favorites. By September, when the weather cooled down, production picked up hugely, however, a pair of tobacco horn worms did some damage to the tomatoes, a rabbit also ate half of one, and then my English Mastiff finished a few more off. When the frost came, I covered them, and they did fine, except for the one branch that became exposed due to the winds. When I finally cleaned up the plot this week, I was amazed at the incredible root system these tomatoes had developed. It was much more fine and extensive than many of the other varieties I planted. In any event, I will definitely grow these again. They did well for the adverse conditions they faced, and obviously everyone and everything loved them. They were great for salads, sandwiches, pizzas, in grilled cheese, on tacos, you name it. A fabulous tomato.

Positive azruss On Jun 5, 2009, azruss from Marana, AZ (Zone 8b) wrote:

Medium size, round, bright red fruit that are very, very full flavored and delicious. Very productive for me, even though I planted it out somewhat late for Southern Arizona. It won't push through the desert heat, but until the heat stops production, it's terrific. Will definitely save seeds and grow again.

Tucson, Arizona