PlantFiles: Salvia, Sage
Salvia 'Wendy's Wish'

Family: Lamiaceae (lay-mee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Salvia (SAL-vee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Wendy's Wish

Thumbnail #5 of Salvia  by DaylilySLP

Thumbnail #6 of Salvia  by DaylilySLP

Thumbnail #7 of Salvia  by DaylilySLP

Positive FLDianne On Oct 29, 2013, FLDianne from Naples, FL wrote:

I love this plant with its vibrant flowers and easy care. Here in Naples it seems to get a bit larger. This one already has a 4 ft spread. With our sandy, alkaline soil it is often difficult to grow flowers but this one is beautiful. Will try my hand at some cuttings.

Positive gbirdie On May 2, 2013, gbirdie from Jacksonville, FL wrote:

from gbirdy- A friend gave me cuttings and they rooted very quickly in a mix of damp perlite and vermiculite. Resulting plant is now 2 years old and thriving.

Positive heckabore On Apr 12, 2013, heckabore from Walnut Creek, CA wrote:

Gorgeous. Blooms and blooms and blooms. I love the burgundy stems with the bright green leaves and dark, dark, dark pink flowers. Unfortunately did not survive the winter here in Walnut Creek. This year I'm planting one next to my house instead out farther out in the garden in hopes it will live over until next year.

Positive sueroderus On Jul 5, 2011, sueroderus from Bluffton, SC wrote:

This year, 2011, is the first year that I have had this plant in my zone 8b garden. So far I am impressed. It continues to flower and the plant itself has a good form. The leaves have a touch of burgandy and are different from the other salvias I have. My plants are doing well with half day afternoon sun in average soil.

Positive plantnutga On Apr 30, 2011, plantnutga from Thomasville, GA (Zone 8b) wrote:

I grew this in summer 2010 and was very impressed. I purchased a 4" pot w/a teeny plant and tucked it into a large container with as I recall a penta and salvia 'black and blue'. This salvia is a robust grower and was not intimidated by the shade of other plants- it wound in and out between the others and stayed in bloom until our first freeze. The large screaming fuchia blooms were beautiful!

Positive loneoak221 On Sep 9, 2009, loneoak221 from Bow, WA wrote:

This variety has a show stopping hot magenta pink flower accented by dusky mauve calyx. Dark stems contrast the rich green foliage. For best habit, pinch to promote branching.

Alameda, California