Hybrid Bell Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Bonnie Bell'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Bonnie Bell
» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):

Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:

Bell

Fruit Size:

Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Mobile, Alabama

Spencer, Oklahoma

positive

On Mar 24, 2011, martymar1977 from Houston, TX wrote:

I planted one of these last spring and, though it gave several peppers, I was only able to beat the insects to about 3 of them. They were all somewhat small, but quite good.

The interesting thing about this plant is that, though it died around November of 2010, it has sprouted from the stem that remained. I didn't really clean up all of the garden, & this was one plant that remained where it was, only that it was in a dried out and dead state. When I cleaned up everything the first weekend of March, lo and behold, I found growth coming from the base of it. I cut back the old main stem & the plant seems content & is just growing. Most unexpected!

We shall see if I get any bell peppers from it this year, and if so, if I can beat the bugs to them.