Florist's Cineraria
Pericallis 'Senetti Blue Bicolor'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Pericallis (per-ee-KAL-liss) (Info)
Cultivar: Senetti Blue Bicolor
Additional cultivar information:(PP20185, SenettiŽ Series, aka Sunseneribuba)
Hybridized by Miyazaki
Registered or introduced: 2008
Synonym:Senecio

USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)

Blue-Violet

Patented

Wellborn, Florida

Greensboro, North Carolina

Port Angeles, Washington

On May 25, 2013, Carolinaflower8 from Greensboro, NC (Zone 7b) wrote:

Very beautiful! It is planted in part sun. It is slowing down a little now, but still beautiful.

On Aug 28, 2011, Highmtn from Cliff Dweller, WA (Zone 8b) wrote:

This plant has been an ABSOLUTE SHOW OFF in my garden this year! Once it started to bloom it has NOT backed off once. I do dead head it once a week, and I hit all my plants with Alaska fertilizer once a month, but that's it. I will grow this again and again. We had a fairly cool summer this year (only hitting 70° a few times) due to our micro-climate, but this plant was consistent in blooming profusely. LOVE THIS!

On May 13, 2011, gardeningfun from Harpersfield, OH (Zone 5a) wrote:

This is an annual in zone 5b. It is inside during the evening when it is colder. I will plant outside when the nighttime temps don't go below 40 degrees. Bought at Lowe's for Mother's Day and they are beautiful! They look like daisy's and the purple/blue is very, very vivid. They look spray painted! We love them. Lowe's was selling them for $8.98 a pot. It is very nice sized and healthy. They really add color to the landscape. You can see them from far away. I will add pictures when I figure out how to do that with my new camera.