Threadleaf Coreopsis, Tickseed
Coreopsis verticillata 'Route 66'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Coreopsis (kor-ee-OP-sis) (Info)
Species: verticillata (ver-ti-si-LAH-tuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Route 66
Additional cultivar information:(PP20609; Cruizin series)
Hybridized by Bauer
Registered or introduced: 2009

Maroon (Purple-Brown)

Blue-Green

Velvet/Fuzzy-Textured

This plant is resistant to deer

Patented

Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

Wynnewood, Pennsylvania

Urbanna, Virginia

On Sep 11, 2014, tepelus from Nashville, MI (Zone 6a) wrote:

I bought three of these plants in August last summer in 3 inch pots and they weren't much to look at then, but they grew and flowered until the hard frosts came. This year they increased in size dramatically (growing in full sun and sandy loam soil) and continued to increase throughout the summer. They have been blooming non-stop from June until now (mid-September) and I'm sure they'll keep on blooming until frost. I have not had to deadhead them. They don't flop, but I haven't given them any fertilizer (which can make plants like coreopsis that like lean soil do) and we've had good rainfall all summer, so I've never had to give them any extra water but a couple of times, and that was only because I had added new plants to the bed they were in and watered the entire bed. I have not had any... read more

On May 26, 2014, renee611 from palmdale, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

I have several of these plants, and they perform very well in my dry garden. They are covered in blooms from late spring to early fall. They make good edgers for a bed of cacti!

On Aug 2, 2011, ryguy319 from Owosso, MI (Zone 5b) wrote:

I bought this plant on a whim when I was with a friend plant shopping at a big plant greenhouse in Lansing, MI. It was just oh maybe I'll try this one it looks kind of good and I like Coreopsis but I wasn't expecting it to be the performer that it has become. In July it was in full bloom the first year I put it in and now beginning of August after about 50 blooms later all spent it is slowly starting to bloom again. I've cut off all of the spent blooms basically so I can share the seeds but also hoping it will encourage reblooming which it is starting to do some what so far.
I don't know if this is just the plants characteristics because when I did plant it I did give it a good dose of time released fertilizer.
But all in all this is a plant worth having just gorgeous i... read more