Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'White Licorice'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: White Licorice
Additional cultivar information:(aka WEKdidusinra)
Hybridized by Bedard
Registered or introduced: 2009

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

White (w)

Durham, North Carolina

Collierville, Tennessee

negative

On Nov 15, 2014, JasperDale from Long Beach, CA (Zone 10a) wrote:

Here I was all set to write a glowing review of this rose, but "leavenobudbehind" took the words right out of my mouth ! Perfectly said and I agree with him/her 100% on the attributes of this rose.
It also thrives for me in coastal So. Cal. with NO disease issues whatsoever.
Definitely a keeper.

On Jun 20, 2014, leafnobudbehind from Chapel Hill, NC wrote:

White Licorice is easily one of my top 10 roses, I consider this Christian Bdard's true masterpiece. This review is going to sound a bit like an advertisement but I am simply a huge fan of this rose and I think it deserves to be hailed as a modern classic (right along with Tahitian Sunset, another favorite 21st century introduction). You gotta like soft yellows and truly unique fragrances however - both a big win for me. The fragrance is as unique and powerful as any David Austin, and the bush itself is such a great plant. This rose has the best of both hybrid teas and floribundas, just that combination of everything good you look for when you research the next member of your garden. It makes a fantastic, slow opening cut flower with a lot of fragrance like a hybrid tea but has the vigor,... read more

On Oct 15, 2012, davebert from Durham, NC wrote:

Here is a glorious floribunda that should be considered by anyone interested in growing roses. The plants are very bushy and rounded, about 4' - 5' by seasons end. The blooms come singly or in clusters on stems suitable for cutting and don't require deadheading to repeat bloom well. The disease resistance is great in my central North Carolina yard and the flowers do not ball. Despite the hoopla surrounding this roses fragrance, it isn't discernible to my nose. Otherwise, a keeper.

On May 26, 2012, tuggyowen from Chico, CA wrote:

White Licorice is a rose I will be replacing this year. Although we live in a dry warm climate with mild winters this rose is a black spot magnet. I am not willing to put up with this much blackspot on such an ordinary rose. It does bloom well but I can get a similar white bloom without all the disease. In a well ventilated bed of five Meilland roses this is the only bad actor.