Floribunda Rose 'Sweet Intoxication'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Sweet Intoxication
Additional cultivar information:(aka 'Jacfumco')
Hybridized by Zary
Registered or introduced: 2008

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Mauve and mauve blend (mb)

Bloom Shape:

Valley Village, California

Columbus, Ohio

Lansdale, Pennsylvania

On Mar 22, 2012, diPomi from VALLEY VILLAGE, CA wrote:

I have this rose in a section with other R. californica hybrids (Violette[Melodie] Parfume, Ebb Tide, Carlin's Rhythm etc.) and it is one of the stars. A vigorous grower, of pleasant but unconstant color - not a bad thing - and with a great smell. My plants are about 2 years old, are on their own roots and are about 5' tall. Blooms from from the last week of March to the second week of January and goes dormant for about five or six weeks. It doesn't go dormant long enough to lose it's senile leaves, so I pluck them off in early February.

On May 15, 2011, monniemon from Lansdale, PA wrote:

i purchased Sweet Intoxication as a potted plant from Jackson Perkins the fall before last. Its first growing season was last year, a few buds,but they were really small and had no scent. But as the plant got older in november it had a few larger buds on it and i got to smell them, wow, it lives up to its name!!! The scent was outstanding,i cannot wait til the buds open for this season.

Sweet intoxication is hardy for zone 6 winter,with no more than rocks(my flowerbeds are rocked)for protection, this rose was not bothered by the harsh winter we had this year. Very little prunning was needed. It has grown to 3ft and is upright grower.

On Oct 25, 2010, FLOWER_FANATIC from Columbus, OH wrote:

This is my first year (2010) growing this in Columbus, Ohio. It iis October and I have it in a big plastic tub since spring and have seen at least 2 flushes. A nursery here has it in tree form as well & it looks and smells very nice. Color in phot accurate, but when fully open you will see yellow stamens in center. Musky-Clove like fragrance. Will see if it makes it thru the winter and come back next Spring.