PlantFiles: Blueberry
Vaccinium 'Pink Lemonade'

Family: Ericaceae (er-ek-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Vaccinium (vak-SIN-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Lemonade

Edible Fruits and Nuts

Pale Pink

4.5 or below (very acidic)

By HeatheW
Thumbnail #1 of Vaccinium  by HeatheW

By drobarr
Thumbnail #2 of Vaccinium  by drobarr

Positive nathanieledison On Feb 28, 2013, nathanieledison from Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Best of all the blueberries in my opinion. Fruit are nearly transparent, and taste more tropical than an average blueberry. If I owned the property I live on I'd tear down the house and plant an orchard of these guys, as the stems on my one plant are almost hidden underneath all the blossoms right now. I'd recommend buying a high quality one if you can afford, it's well worth it!

Neutral KMCvet2B On Sep 9, 2012, KMCvet2B from Grants Pass, OR wrote:

Planted one of these (container to ground) amongst a hedge of six other blueberry varieties last year. I am definitely a novice and not quite sure what I am doing The plant looks amazing, but had almost no fruit and all but 5 blooms dropped off early. I am hoping that next year will be great. All of my other varieties did fantastic, almost too well. The pink berries do taste good, I just think they take a little more time to become productive. Really pretty plant though.

Positive JimSteel On Aug 11, 2012, JimSteel from Hillsboro, OR wrote:

I though this bush would just be a novelty, but now on its second year in the ground, its been quite productive, and the berries have a good flavor, somewhat distinct from blue blueberries.

I treated it the same way I treat any other blueberry bush: soil amended with peat, mulched with sequoia needles, watered daily with drip irrigation.

It seems to keep its leaves as well as 'semi-evergreen' cultivars like sunshine blue, and seems a bit less drought tolerant than my other blueberry bushes.

Positive wiseky On Jun 11, 2012, wiseky from Cadiz, KY wrote:

I bought 3 of these last year and planted them in containers here at my home in KY. This year, they have at least doubled in size and have set a small amount of fruit. Does it taste like blueberries? I wouldn't know- the squirrel got them before I did! But the plants are big, healthy, and beautiful. Next year, I'll have to protect the berries!

Positive blessingspeak On Jun 10, 2011, blessingspeak from Ben Wheeler, TX wrote:

I've grown blueberries for years both for commercial you-pick and as a landscape plant. This blueberry is shows promise in East Texas. In their second year they are doing well but no blooms or fruit yet. The plants are hardy and are stated to be self fertile. Here where the Rabbiteye Blueberry is king this hybrid is stated to have some Rabbiteye in it.

I have one hundred of them planted next to a couple hundred Brightwell, Climax, and Premier Rabbiteye Blueberries believing they will benefit from some cross pollination. If you are willing to keep the tender shallow roots constantly damp, mulch well, and keep the pH in check at about 4.5 to 5.5 you will enjoy this impressive little Pinkberry:) Blueberry.

Dan Goddard
SavoryScape, Inc.

Neutral elfenqueen On Feb 11, 2011, elfenqueen from East Tawas, MI (Zone 5b) wrote:

Found them on Ebay, bought two, although they are to be self -pollinating. 9.99 apiece...decent shipping charges and they arrive in great condition. Very excited about these....do blue berries really taste blue?
they should take full sun to part shade too

Let you know~~how they grow.

Santa Rosa, California