PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Victorian Dwarf'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Victorian Dwarf

Usage:
Fresh, salad

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

Positive dlbailey On Dec 26, 2010, dlbailey from Central Valley, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Very good yields all season of 3" fruit. Can handle hot, dry weather. Average taste.

Neutral DonShirer On Jul 22, 2010, DonShirer from Westbrook, CT (Zone 6a) wrote:

Was given this plant as a supplier's bonus. Since it was labelled a dwarf, I tried two in hanging baskets. They kept growing and I had to lengthen the supporting wires three times. They eventually ended up about 3-4 ft high. Whoever described this as "under one pound" was a little overoptimistic. The fruits are ping-pong ball size, red, and of average taste. I started them indoors in February, (outside in late May) and they took until July to ripen, so I would suspect that they are in the late maturity bracket. Fairly good production though, so I might try it in the ground next year.

Westbrook, Connecticut