PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Pink Honey'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Honey

Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LilyToes

Thumbnail #3 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LilyToes

Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by LilyToes

Positive LilyToes On Aug 14, 2013, LilyToes from Ouray, CO (Zone 4a) wrote:

I'm unsure if the entry for this tomato is very accurate. From what I read, and from what I'm experiencing this summer; this is more of a medium sized to beefsteak sized oxheart shaped tomato that can easily surpass 1 pound per tomato. Also, it is not french or American, but apparently Russian (Siberian). And so it in theory should do well when the weather cools down and is said to continue producing through out the entire season.

So far I'm massively impressed. The beautiful pink that develops is lovely to behold. I just harvested my first one and it came out to 14 oz's. This is definitely an early producer. Pictures have been posted. I'm growing three Pink Honey plants, and each one already has 15-20 very LARGE beefsteaks growing. Out of the 15 varieties I'm experimenting with, this is producing the most. Seems to be highly disease resistant and drought resistant as well. Highly recommended.

Montrose, Colorado