Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Tomato 'Pink Honey'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Honey

Regular Leaf

Montrose, Colorado

Fort Wayne, Indiana

On Oct 19, 2016, DonCh from Bear Valley Springs, CA wrote:

This is my second season for growing this variety, and I continue to be amazed at the production. The fruit is big, with many at 1 lb. or more, and the large vine is loaded with these lunkers. Last year, I'm guessing I harvested about 40 ripe fruit over a long season, and there were still at least 20 unripe ones when the first freeze hit. In more than 50 years of growing tomatoes, this was the total-poundage winner. It is a very meaty variety that is wonderful for processing. The flavor is good.

On Aug 14, 2013, LilyToes from Ouray, CO (Zone 4a) wrote:

I'm unsure if the entry for this tomato is very accurate. From what I read, and from what I'm experiencing this summer; this is more of a medium sized to beefsteak sized oxheart shaped tomato that can easily surpass 1 pound per tomato. Also, it is not french or American, but apparently Russian (Siberian). And so it in theory should do well when the weather cools down and is said to continue producing through out the entire season.

So far I'm massively impressed. The beautiful pink that develops is lovely to behold. I just harvested my first one and it came out to 14 oz's. This is definitely an early producer. Pictures have been posted. I'm growing three Pink Honey plants, and each one already has 15-20 very LARGE beefsteaks growing. Out of the 15 varieties I'm experimenting... read more