PlantFiles: Helichrysum, Licorice Plant
Helichrysum petiolare 'Moe's Silver'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Helichrysum (hel-ih-KRY-sum) (Info)
Species: petiolare (pet-ee-OH-lair-ee) (Info)
Cultivar: Moe's Silver

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Groundcovers

under 6 in. (15 cm)

Silver/Gray
Shiny/Glossy-Textured

This plant is resistant to deer

By suewylan
Thumbnail #1 of Helichrysum petiolare by suewylan

By suewylan
Thumbnail #2 of Helichrysum petiolare by suewylan

Positive ElleninAustin On Aug 12, 2013, ElleninAustin from Anderson Mill, TX wrote:

I love this plant, and people always ask what it is because of the nice pale color. I planted several small helichrysa in mulch under my oak trees. One I bought on the "bargain" rack at Lowe's, where it was languishing and looked dead. This plant tends to wither but not actually loose leaves easily, and can be rehydrated if you treat it tenderly. It has spread nicely through late spring and hot, dry summer here in central Texas. The deer will NOT touch it, and we have aggressive/unenlightened fawns every year who eat almost anything. It needs little water, dappled sun and poor soil are fine. The one I planted in a pot in shade on the porch did not fare so well.

Positive suewylan On Sep 22, 2010, suewylan from North Fork, CA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Very easy and attractive ground cover for dry areas, sun or shade. I have this planted about three feet away from the base of an oak and it gets a splash of water every two weeks during the hot periods of summer. Deer don't touch it. I like the shiny texture of the leaves of the leaves.

North Fork, California