PlantFiles: Longiflorum-Asiatic (L.A.)
Lilium 'Trebbiano'

Family: Liliaceae (lil-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lilium (LIL-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Trebbiano

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Division:

Chartreuse (Yellow-Green)

Flower Shape:
Bowl

Bloom Size:
3" to 6" (76 mm to 150 mm)

Color Pattern:
Papillae

By dividing the bulb's scales

By roosterlorn
Thumbnail #1 of Lilium  by roosterlorn

Thumbnail #2 of Lilium  by pirl

Thumbnail #3 of Lilium  by pirl

Thumbnail #4 of Lilium  by pirl

Thumbnail #5 of Lilium  by pirl

By eolivas103
Thumbnail #6 of Lilium  by eolivas103

Positive eolivas103 On Jan 4, 2014, eolivas103 from Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a) wrote:

Because of posts I had seen on this site, I knew I was not going to get a green flower. With that said, what I did get, I like. The flower is Electric Yellow and makes a statement from across the yard. Too bad they don't advertise it as is and let people enjoy it for what it is. Also, it did not bloom the 1st year planted. This is the 2nd year bloom. But it has mulitplied.

Negative pirl On Nov 19, 2011, pirl from (Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a) wrote:

Garish yellow is not what I wanted. I relied on the same importer as commented on previously and the "lime green flowers". This was a huge disappointment and they did credit my account as if that will make it lime green!

Neutral macej On Jan 23, 2011, macej from n/a

Thanks for the info! I purchased Gerrit Zalm several years ago as I was seeking a lime green hue. Beautiful and robust lily but was more of a butter yellow color. I saw the trebbiano in a catalogue this season and thought the picture looked just like the Gerrit Zalm. Did some researching on this. I think I'll wait to purchase until I see more reviews.

Neutral roosterlorn On Jan 1, 2011, roosterlorn from Pleasant Prairie, WI wrote:

Trebbiano is sometimes referred to as the 'renamed' Gerrit Zalm and both pictures and names are currently being used interchangably in the current market. Two additional subsequent purchases from a 'famous name' importer and 3 addional puchases from 'downstream' sources show this latest generation to be significantly different than the original Gerrit Zalm, most notably, a more yellow color and much taller plant. A rapid multiplier, it borders on 'invasive'.

Las Cruces, New Mexico