PlantFiles: Cherry/Plum Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Blush'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Blush

Thumbnail #3 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by dorisv

By dorisv
Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by dorisv

Positive dorisv On Sep 7, 2013, dorisv from Oakland, CA wrote:

Productive and tasty fruit from this small fruited tomato variety. It developed wilt right as the first clusters ripened, but they were delicious nonetheless. I will try to grow this again next year.

Positive charleyball On Jan 29, 2013, charleyball from Copperas Cove, TX wrote:

blush is one of the best tasting tomatoes i have tasted sweet and tropical . a must grow every year

Positive MissMarina On Jul 15, 2011, MissMarina from Marina Del Rey, CA wrote:

A friend at my community garden is growing these. The taste is out of this world! They are so sweet and fruity and juicy, that I just had to grow them myself. I cleaned and dried some seeds from one fruit that had split open. 2 days later, I placed 6 seeds on a damp paper towel (rolled up, tucked in a ziplock bag, and placed in a warm spot). 2 days after that, all seeds had started to sprout. I planted them in little pots and all are growing happily. I will report back when they start producing fruit.

Positive Sherilou On Jan 23, 2011, Sherilou from Panhandle Gulf Coast, FL (Zone 8b) wrote:

One of my favorite tomatoes... Blush seeds can be purchased from Seeds of Change. They describe them as 2" long "julienne cherries" with a tropical sweet flavor reminiscent of pineapple. They're yellow with a blush of red, when ripe.

These are delicious and beautiful... truly gourmet. I have not yet detected any notes of pineapple, but it's a really scrumptious tomato. I've had some fruits grow to 4" in length. The actual plant has a very "weeping/droopy" growth habit.

Marina Del Rey, California