PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Faworyt'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Faworyt

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Growing Habit:

By toni5735
Thumbnail #1 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by toni5735

Positive Froggarts On Aug 17, 2014, Froggarts from Leicester
United Kingdom wrote:

Grew these because could no longer get Big Boy seeds. First taste today - pretty good, nice and sweet. I agree they are almost perfectly round and don't look like the picture on the seed packets! See my pics at http://www.froggartscottagegarden.co.uk/2014/08/first-tomato...
I like to save seeds for next year. Big Boys are F1s so no joy there. Anyone tried that with Faworyt?

Positive toni5735 On Jul 3, 2011, toni5735 from Chicago, IL (Zone 5b) wrote:

"Faworyt" translates to Favorite in Polish. Seed package translated: Fruit is large, 0.5kg, thin, pink skin, shape is slightly oblate/flattened with ribbing. Very meaty and tasty with few seeds.

Faworyt, in my opinion, is not properly described in that the tomatoes I have been harvesting are perfectly round. The description on the seed package states "oblate/flattened with ribbing" and there is absolutely no sign of that on this tomato. They are extremely hardy and disease resistant plants that put out like crazy! Each tomato that I have picked has been large, meaty and juicy. This is a keeper for sure!