Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Solar Flare'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Solar Flare

Collegedale, Tennessee

Liberty Hill, Texas

Ogden, Utah

On Aug 12, 2014, dorisv from Oakland, CA wrote:

I grew Solar Flare in a geopot and I was happy with the production considering that it developed wilt. Harvested at least 15 to 20 medium size tomatoes. The texture can become a bit mushy if you let it ripen too much. I would recommend harvesting when it still has a few green striations left. Flavor is solid and I would recommend.

On Dec 21, 2013, 1lisac from Liberty Hill, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

The most productive tomato for the 2013 season. This is the first year I've grown Solar Flare, but it won't be my last. The vines were huge, produced tons of medium to large fruit that taste great. The fruit is beautiful as well as tasty. I really can't find anything negative about this tomato. I had no problems with it and the yields were way beyond my expectations.

On Dec 16, 2013, whiteoakvfarm from Collegedale, TN wrote:

One of our favorites! Fruits are beautiful and unique. Flavor is outstanding. Shows heartiness despite some unfavorable growing conditions. Fruits have deep red flesh that is great for canning! Also wonderful eaten fresh! Definitely a keeper for us!