PlantFiles: Orchid, Oncidium Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance'
Oncidium

Family: Orchidaceae (or-kid-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Oncidium (on-SID-ee-um) (Info)
Grex name: Sharry Baby
Clonal name: Sweet Fragrance
Additional cultivar information: (Onc. Jamie Sutton x Onc. Honolulu)

Epiphytes

Fuchsia (Red-Purple)

By DaylilySLP
Thumbnail #1 of Oncidium  by DaylilySLP

By DaylilySLP
Thumbnail #2 of Oncidium  by DaylilySLP

Positive jrtinker On Sep 19, 2013, jrtinker from Palmer, AK (Zone 3b) wrote:

I picked up one of these in April of 2012 in full bloom from a plant sale sponsored by our local Orchid Society. The initial spikes bloomed for over two months of fragrant bliss. It finally sent up a new bloom spike in August of 2013, and is currently in full glory. There is even a second bloom spike coming on, so it might bloom through Thanksgiving. My clone has a much more pink lower lip petal than typical Sharry Baby photos I have seen, which seem to be much whiter. The scent is like a spiced chocolate.

Positive Psyguy10 On Apr 15, 2009, Psyguy10 from Fayetteville, NC (Zone 8a) wrote:

mmm, this oncidium has a delicious fragrance, most people say chocolate; but in my opinion it smells more like a mixture of some sorta roses and spicy candy LOL (if that makes any sense) the plant grows fast too... i've only had mine for 3 months and it has 2 growths 3 inches high, i'm still figuring out the maximum sun to give it... but it can withstand some morning sun as long as it is slowly put into it... i wouldn't let this orchid get under 55 F, but it will survive down to 40 F is my guess, it's pretty common but for good reason...it's easy to grow and gets a Inflorescence almost 3' long! it's a very nice onc hybrid in my opinon
-Matt