PlantFiles: Beautyberry
Callicarpa 'Purple Pearls'

Family: Lamiaceae (lay-mee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Callicarpa (kal-ee-KAR-puh) (Info)
Cultivar: Purple Pearls
Additional cultivar information: (aka NCCX1, Purple Pearls)

Violet/Lavender

Velvet/Fuzzy-Textured
Good Fall Color

From hardwood cuttings

Positive DavidLMo On Sep 6, 2014, DavidLMo from St Joseph, MO wrote:

Mine blooms much later - in bloom now. Perhaps cause it is not planted in full sun. Silly me - when I bought it there was no care card and was aware that standard American Beautyberry is not to be planted in full sun.

Oh well - I got it at very end of season clearance @ > 75 % off (always love to get a bargain on proven winners redicuously high priced stuff **). It and another 10 shrubs and hey - it was October 30 and I had to get those babies in the ground.:-) so I could plant my Spring bulbs - all 1,500 of em. Heh. No time for net research.

** I do though understand that PW stuff is expensive cause someone has to pay for their long lead times on bringing stuff to market - in many cases 10 or more years. Well that and their marketing costs which have to be horrendous. :-)

Anyway (Proven Winners) if you are reading this, I love your stuff. Out of many of their products, I only had one problem - the breast cancer hydrangea which bought the farm. But admittedly we had the worst winter in over 30 years in my neck of the woods. Heck I even lost hostas of all things. And that particular hydrangea was week kneed and many folks had problems with it.
Have not seen the berries yet, but the bloom is quite cute.

Saint Joseph, Missouri