Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Lavender Deal'

Family: Hemerocallidaceae (hem-er-oh-kal-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hemerocallis (hem-er-oh-KAL-iss) (Info)
Cultivar: Lavender Deal
Hybridized by Kirby
Registered or introduced: 1981
» View all varieties of Daylilies

Late Midseason (MLa)

Reblooming (Re)

Flower Size:

Large (more than 4.5" diameter)

Blooming Habit:

North Augusta, South Carolina

Lexington, Virginia

Madison, Wisconsin

On Oct 17, 2009, nwh from Chicago, IL wrote:

I have had this daylily over 2 years, got it from Oakes Daylilies and it is definitely a big, eyecatching plant w/ 6" flowers (just like photos) and nice, bluish foliage that makes a big clump, it's a focal point in the border. Mine is in part shade. I would say it is "average" to increase, you don't have to divide it every year like some but after 2 years I have 5 fans. Definitely a favorite.

On May 13, 2007, Spinner622 from Amherst, MA wrote:

I purchased a single fan from Pine Nook Daylilies in Deerfield, MA 3 years ago. I just divided it today, and it had a total of 6 fans. This is one of the most beautiful daylilies in my front garden. I recieve a lot of compliments on it from people who see it in full bloom.

On Aug 6, 2006, mummu from Lebanon, ME (Zone 4b) wrote:

I got my Lavender Deal from Oakes Daylilies in fall 2005. This year it bloomed beautifully with a number of scapes. The blooms were at least 5 1/2- 6" across. Also, attractive foliage.

On Aug 4, 2006, Sherlock221 from Lancaster, KY wrote:

A very pretty, eye-catching lily. It grows well even in part shade and has a long bloom period. It bloomed well from the first year I planted it -- very reliable. The flowers are very large with heavy, waxy substance -- really nice. The plant itself is large with tall scapes, deep green leaves, nas multiplied fairly well for me over about four years.

On Mar 12, 2005, BCochran from Columbus, OH wrote:

We have had this variety in our garden for 6 years. It does not multiply very quickly, but it is a very healthy plant, with strong, thick scapes that have many blooms. We counted 16 buds on one cluster, and there were 4 clusters on one scape. The blooms are BIG, with a dark lavender exterior highlighted by a dark yellow eye. It is a very eye-catching plant, and garden tour visitors always comment on it. In our garden it grows at least 28", and it is not in full sun!

We found it at Cory's Wildflowers in Chillicothe, but despite its beauty, we have seen it only rarely at other garden sites.

On Jan 30, 2004, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

Kirby 1981,7" blooms, 24" scape

On Aug 28, 2003, luptonlilylady from Lupton, MI wrote:

I bought 2 double fans of this beautiful plant from a dear lady in Michagan last year. It was the star of my farm this year. Every other person that came to the farm when the daylilies were in full bloom, wanted to buy it.

My only complaint about this plant is it is slow to multiply.
I know this plant was hybridizied by Wild's, in the '70s, I believe. It grows larger than 4.5" here at our farm. It is more like 6" across & about 18" tall. I love it!